Tuesday 19 June 2012

Major scare today..


I woke up with really bad cramps yesterday and decided to wait it out. The cramps did not get better by this morning and I decided to make the trip to KKH 24hrs O&G clinic. I had a major scare when the doctor on duty did a preliminary scan and said she does not know the dark spot on the screen is fluid or a sac. I was wheeled into an area to lie down and rest while they arranged for an urgent scan at the Diagnostic Imaging Centre. The whole time while I was waiting, I was restless and worried and did not stop praying. I kept telling God to keep my baby/babies safe with me and that I cannot handle any loss. When it was finally my turn to go in, I was already almost in tears and the scan technician told me that they do not do a verbal review and that I would be given a report much later. This means that she can be scanning away and I wouldn't know what is going on. Imagine my fear the entire time lying down there.

Finally I was wheeled back to the rest area and waited for the doctor to explain my report. Well, I wouldn't want to comment too much on the scan results for now, but let's just say that doctor does not find anything serious at this point and I have to go for my heartbeat scan next week to confirm everything. I cannot say how relieved I am hearing the news and am glad that my HCG levels are around the range of 2700+. I couldn't remember the exact amount because I was just too happy that everything is ok.
-----------------------------

I happily made my way home and rested. I didn't really feel like going to the forum today and will keep this post short. I also just came upstairs to my parents' room because my dad was trying to open some durians and 1 of it was rotten. I could smell the rot before everyone and started puking in the bin. This made me feel pregnant again and I am glad to embrace all the symptoms! Am feeling a little warm and feverish so will end the post now.

See you all ladies soon! Next post will be on what kind of food to avoid and eat more of!

xoxo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. What a scare really! Hope that you feel better now. Take care and shall pray for you and your babies to be safe!

    ReplyDelete