Monday 4 June 2012

Day 5 post embryo transfer



I haven't been able to get my lazy ass off the bed and sit down and blog. I have always been very interested with what happens during the 2ww. Here's a chart showing what the embryos are up to while they are in our cozy womb. The picture above obviously does not belong to me, but it's what I think my embryo has evolved into, a blast hatching.

What happens after a 3 Day and a 5 Day Transfer!
3-DAY TRANSFER:

1dpt .. embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining --> I'm prolly here today!
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

5-DAY TRANSFER:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst

1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

--------------------------------------------

I'm really quite excited knowing that my embbie is hard at work and trying to implant. I am praying for an early sign, like implantation bleeding to keep my hopes high! Sleepiness is always a constant for me now, but other than feeling tired, I feel really great but just lazy generally. I went grocery shopping today and bought some really cute baby posters. Nevermind the babies are caucasian and have blue eyes, they just look so clean and soft I just wanna squeeze them! I'm beginning to miss staying at my own place. I made the decision to move to my parent's place so there's someone here to cook and take care of me because I really want to make this cycle work. Although I grew up in this house, I still feel like a stranger when I stay over because my things are not where they used to be, (my sister has invaded my wardrobe with her clothes) I don't have the comfort of my own home, I am not able to walk around completely naked.. etc.. But I am thankful my parents have kindly allowed me to stay over and sponge off them. =) On the upside, being apart from R allows me to have time to miss him and wonder how he is doing at home by himself. I know he can be a big baby at times and I hope these time apart will help him to do some stuff around the house by himself. Bella on the other hand seems to be going through depression. She seems to miss being around our home and sighs quite often especially when going to sleep. I feel bad for her that she is unable to go swimming or for walks because she is in heat and I don't want any stray dogs to impregnante her. Then instead of looking after my own babies, I have to take care of Bella's babies as well and that will be quite a handful for me. 

On to other things, the progesteronhe inserts are really disgusting! Not only are they slippery little suckers, they are also very oily when broken down and the discharge is thick and whitish as if I have a very bad yeast infection. Gosh, I know I shouldn't be complaining, but honestly.. I wish they have better ways of having us insert the damn things! It's really warm, God knows what the temperature is, but it could also be because I have been crazy stuffing my face with durians. I heard that it helps in implantation. Haha, no harm trying and eating something cold at the same time. Just have to remind myself to drink loads of water.

OK, com is low on batt. Mum has been very busy playing slots machines in facebook, hence draining all the battery. Will check in again tomorrow, hopefully. We'll be having steamboat at home!

xoxo,

J.


No comments:

Post a Comment