Wednesday 30 May 2012

Egg Recovery



Yesterday was the day of my ER. I fasted the night before and reached the hospital at 745am. R was then asked to produce his sperm sample to the nurse and I was whisked away to the changing area to change into the surgery gown. The anaesthetist came and briefed me on the procedure and the kind of sedation which will be given to me. All I wished for was for me to be completely out while the doctor is prodding my lady bits.

I was then asked to go into the mini operating theatre and there the nurses prepped me as I laid down with my legs spread wide open, losing every shred of dignity I have. Soon, I was being sedated and transported to another island. When I woke up again, I felt cramps in my lower abdomen. I was thn given a cup of hot milo and asked to rest a bit more before they were able to release me home.

Before I left home I was told that I will have to come back 2 days after for the embryo transfer. I am excited because I have 8 viable eggs. Let's hope that every egg fertilises and makes it through the thawing stage.

Today, I am feeling quite shitty, (literally). I have yet to shit, (TMI) and my stomach is one bloated helium balloon. No matter what I did, the bloatedness doesn't get any better. My neighbour, who is extremely kind, made me some ginger tea. But still.. nothing.

I intend to lie down and chill for the rest of the day and wait for R to come back with dinner. I'm also feeling some excitement whenever I think of the ET tomorrow. I cannot wait to be reunited with my babies! Let's hope that they stick ok?

xoxo,

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment