Friday 25 April 2014

25.04.14 - Out with the old, in with the new.




This is something I live by when it comes to my childrens' clothings. Because they are only at 10th percentile, they are considered quite small for 17 months. Currently J is wearing 9 to 12 month clothes, some designs, 12m. Reagan is wearing 3 to 6 months for shorts and 6 to 9 months for tops. He is very lean, like his daddy, so while he puts on weight, he doesn't get all fat and chubby like other kids do. (which I wish he does)

So one of the items in my to do list involves packing away their too small clothings. Right now we are at half a toyogo box full of clothes. I will soon be packing away their bibs, nappy, mittens etc. I am keeping it for either my no. 3 or my sis or cousin's baby (we're all trying hard) It's times like this, where I will wish that I can get pregnant again soon, but on the other hand, my schedule is packed with these 2 dragons I hardly have time to do much and yes, this includes hey shio hey shio. There will be people asking why don't I stop at two? Deep down I know that to procreate is joy and that I will be fruitful and multiply, that's why for now, we are simply leaving it to God to fulfil this wish of mine. And besides, what kind of question is that? If I want to have 10 kids, its really up to me isn't it? Why do I owe anyone an explanation?

Recently I have been so busy trying to source for stuff for my scrapbook that I am making for the twins. I want them to have items and keepsakes to remind them of how important they are for me to want to document and keep as many things as I can about them. I hope, as they grow up, they will read this and see my love for them is unwavering and strong. Those scrapbook items of mine are bought in bulk hence cheaper, so again, I will be posting them up for all to see when I have gotten it. I digress.

So back to the packing of clothes. It was pretty chaotic because the twins didn't wanna nap today and I had to pack with them in the room. They helped by removing everything from the box and drawers and sitting in it. It was pure madness, the kids threw everything I had folded, walked around the room with their hangers while dancing to Hi5. After what seems like forever, we managed to get things done and packed before I had to leave for class. I wanted to specially talk about 1 incident which left such an impact on me today.

In the midst of the packing and the madness, the kids would suddenly stop their nonsense, turn around, grin at me with their widest smile and run towards me wanting to hug or kiss me. That feeling is so amazing and magical at the same time. At that moment, I felt nothing but pure joy. Joy that I never knew was possible. I felt like I was the bestest person in the world for the kids to love me this way. I guess the saying is true, that you will never be able to experience true and pure love until you become a mom. The kids had unconditionally loved me and this makes me want to be a better person for them. A person they can model after, a responsible person who walks right with God. I am recording this down, only because whenever I feel shitty, I will remind myself to log in here and read on my past entries. Then remind myself all over again why I am doing all these for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment