Thursday 24 April 2014

24.04.14 - Approaching 17 months

Many people after knowing that I have twins, always like to ask me how do I cope with them. Initially I would smile and say it's tough and they make me go nuts blah blah and so on but recently, I will just tell them that I just simply cope. I don't know how else to explain to others. It is because having twins really does drive you up the wall at times and just when you think that you have reached your breaking point, one or both of them does something so cute you forgot what you were mad about. The hours just fly by quickly. In the morning after breakfast, they will have their shower. After which, they will have their play time and then break for lunch. Usually after lunch they will be full and drowsy so it's time for nap. After nap, it's more play time and recently, we have introduced cleaning the floor with the magic clean so that their play area is always clean. And the next thing you know, it's evening and then it's time for their dinner, then shower again and then bed. Phew, what a day.

Now as we approach the terrible 2s, I am beginning to catch a glimpse of what to expect especially during meal times. There are days where I will celebrate when they can finish at least half a bowl of porridge. Other days, I ask myself, why do I even bother to plan a menu for them. (It's times like this where I will throw away the food while vowing I'm not going to cook them anything the next day, but I always do in the end.) The kids now are becoming more and more independent. They are beginning to have minds of their own and forming their own opinions, likes and dislikes. It isn't very easy to coax or distract them with a toy now. And on some days, you will find that NOTHING works!

That's not to say that I hate my kids or anything. I just feel that they have grown, are really not babies anymore and I must make a mental note to remind myself to stop calling them babies, because the right term to call them is "toddler".  We are soon reaching an age were their PD will stop asking for their corrected age, and they will be expected to perform just as well as their peers born in the same year. I hope that isn't asking a lot from them though, I would hate to pressure my kids this way.

Anyway moving on I would be sharing some of the stuff that I do with the kids for sensory play or education through play. Some of the items can be purchased through me, if anytime you see something you like, feel free to leave a comment or email me at sheisemailing@gmail.com.

For today, I will be sharing with you guys my banana pancake recipe which I felt is one of the best and simplest recipe. It doesn't take a lot of time to prepare this if you have everything you need on hand ready. This recipe is friendly for toddlers and my kids really loved it, even without the maple syrup.

Here goes -

Ingredients

Dry

1 cup of plain flour or multi purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
2 teaspoon baking powder
a dash of cinnamon (optional)

Wet

1 egg, beaten
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
2 ripe bananas

Step 1 - Mash bananas with fork, set aside
Step 2 - Combine dry ingredients on a plate or mixing bowl
Step 3 - Combine wet ingredients in a mixing bowl
Step 4 - Mix everything together till it forms a batter. Don't worry if it gets lumpy, you don't want to overbeat it and have it turn watery
Step 5 - Turn on skillet or frying pan and start in small batches until you are able to control the heat. Plate up and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment