Tuesday 20 May 2014

Quest for shampoo



Before I start writing, I would like to clarify that this is my own personal review and hence please practise discretion when trying  the item for yourself.

I'm just going to jump right into this entry without having to bore you with the details on my quest for a good shampoo for the kids. They have started swimming recently quite frequently so their hair is subjected to the harsh chlorine from the pool. This made me quite upset because they don't have much hair to begin with especially for little J and now, the chlorine is drying out their already sparse hair. This got me looking around for a shampoo that will provide the needed moisture to keep their hair soft and smooth as before.

Therefore, in searching for a good shampoo, it must fulfil the following requirements:

1. Make my kids head smell good, even for hours after.
2. Keep their hair soft and smooth to the touch.
3. Be paraben free.
4. Must not smell too cloyingly sweet. I tend to stay away from fancy fruity smell as well.

I do not really care less for fanciful packaging and if possible, the simpler the better. So after going through a few organic shampoos cum body wash, I finally chanced upon Original Sprout Natural Shampoo. It is a little pricey at $25 per bottle but let me try and justify the price tag for you. Here's why:

1. It smells superb. I cannot stop smelling my kids! I mean, you know how when they starts to eat solids and their sweat don't smell so baby-ish anymore and borders on smelling a little sour-ish? That's when you need to get them a proper shampoo because those 2 in 1s don't seem to work as well anymore! This, my friend, works so well in the smell department, it's already a sure win.

2. It's organic, natural and without all the nasty stuff that generic shampoos may have. (Read: Parabens and Carcinogens) Wouldn't you want to delay such exposure for your loved ones for as long as you can? Or at least till they eventually want to make their own choices for shampoo?

3. SOFT. OH SO SOFT. OMG, their hair is so so soft after using this shampoo, I am seriously very tempted to use this on myself. I can't stop running my fingers through their hair and the softness of their hair makes me really happy. (I sound very psycho, I know. But I just love to stroke their heads when their are sleeping!)

4. It's tear free. I think. I haven't yet tried this on myself, but I was showering R jr and he accidentally rubbed his eyes after touching his head. He seemed ok. By ok it means he wasn't screaming, having his eyes turn red and trying to claw out his eyeballs.

5. You really don't need to use that much of the shampoo each time. I usually use about half pump or slightly more only.

I know this all sounds really good, so I bet you must be waiting for me to tell you the cons of this shampoo.

1. Expensive. But you pay for what you get.
2. It doesn't lather as well, but that is because it is sulphate free. That is the one that causes the suds in shampoos so I am fine with that.

Really. That's it. This are the only 2 cons I can think of at this moment and frankly, I can live with it. I am just too happy that I've finally found a shampoo that suits the kids and I absolutely love. Again, if you know me, my kids are the most important beings in my life, so I always try to provide the best that I can afford for them. I know some moms will think that I am being too lavish and all, especially when I'm spending such money on shampoos and stuff but hey, you are entitled to your opinions and I respect that. I won't say you are a bad mom just because you don't want to spend such money on your kids, so please, don't hate me if I do. You can buy this shampoo from Watsons or from the local distributor website - http://pout.com.sg/. I hope that if you decide to use this shampoo and love it, drop a comment and let me know too!

My next blog will be on aromatherapy oils - Love them? Hate them? If anybody is still reading this blog, feel free to comment on this topic!

Till the next entry,

xoxo.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment